Is there value in righteousness today? Or has the time for being righteous passed? Looking at the seemingly easy and prosperous life of unrighteous people around us can be discouraging and frustrating. It can cause us to wonder why we choose to follow Jesus and try to do what’s right?
While reading Proverbs recently, I was reminded why I do what I do and believe what I believe. I was encouraged to stick to it! Here’s what I found!
Benefits of Righteousness (from Proverbs 11 & 12)
- Righteous people effect the good of their homes, their city and ultimately their nation.
- A righteous wife brings honor and comfort to her husband
- A righteous man is dependable and consistent and therefore honored
- Righteous people care for others, not just themselves
- Righteous people are wise, honest and humble
- The righteous person lives a spiritually abundant life.
- God protects the righteous
- God rewards the righteous.
- Righteousness will lead us where we long to go! Everlasting life is on the way of righteousness. Eternal death is not along its path. (Prov 12:28)
Don’t get sidetracked! Don’t lose hope or faith! Don’t compromise to please people! The world needs us to choose righteousness today. To set a standard for truth and love. This won’t always be an easy or pleasant choice but it will bring us the greatest inner joy and peace we can imagine. So let’s keep our eyes on the big picture, the ultimate goal. Let’s let our lights shine so brightly that everyone we come into contact with sees Jesus in us! Gain strength, hope and encouragement through a daily relevant relationship with God. He promises to be everything we need in every situation!
Living righteously, puts us in a place where God can pour out His blessings upon us! Living righteously secures our eternity with God in heaven! The promise from Jeremiah 29:11 stands true for the righteous, “I know the plans that I have for you…plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope.”
Will you choose righteousness today? Will you choose to keep your focus on Gods plan and His ways? It will be well worth it in the end!